2017 BPLA Environmental Mosquito Management (EMM) Program
2017 Environmental Mosquito Management Program: According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 64 symptomatic cases of the Zika virus have been reported in Minnesota since 2015, when formal tracking of the disease began. To learn more about Zika virus risks, prevention, and treatment, simply click on the link above.
Given the growing threat of Zika and the cost-effective comfort that our mosquito control program provides subscribers, we are especially pleased to announce and offer subscriptions to the 2017 BPLA Environmental Mosquito Management (EMM) Program. This program is sponsored and administered by BPLA on behalf of its members – at no additional cost beyond the annual program subscription fee. Non-BPLA members are also welcome to subscribe for an additional administrative fee of $10.
Highlights of the BPLA 2017 EMM program, provided by Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management, Inc. include:
- (9) Truck-based Ultra Low Volume (ULV) treatments if property is large enough to accommodate truck
- (9) Backpack-based Barrier Control treatments in and around property
- Treatments control mosquitos, no-see-ums/sandflies, and flying midges for up to seven days
- Comprehensive insurance coverage for BPLA
- Program Consulting and Quality Control Staff
- Citizen Mosquito Hotline: (800) 942-2555
- Local, state, and federal regulatory compliance
- Digital customer database record keeping
- First application will commence the week before Memorial Day weekend
- Clarke will once again hold the 2009 price of $55 per treatment per household ($495 + tax for the entire season)
- Seasonal subscriptions MUST be paid to BPLA no later than May 12th in order to participate in the 2017 program
- Please send payment to: Big Pine Lake Association, PO Box 756, Crosslake, MN 56442
- BPLA Members – $529.03 ($495 + 6.875% tax)
- Non-Members – $539.03 (includes additional $10 administrative fee)
- NOTE: You may include $25 for a new BPLA Membership or a Membership renewal with your EMM subscription for a total of $554.03 ($529.03 + $25)
- For questions or further information, please contact Ken Ormsbee at (612) 963-1660 or email@example.com.
This year, our initial proposal from Clarke included a seven percent price increase – their first since 2009. We pushed back on the price increase and ended-up negotiating a contract that was unanimously approved by the BPLA Board. The contract spans three years, includes no price increase for 2017, and authorizes a four percent price increase in 2018 that will carry through to 2019. The net effect will be a $20 per year price increase beginning in 2018, for an all-in price of $515 plus tax in 2018 and 2019. Given that Clarke has held their price flat with no increases since 2009, we felt their offer was more than fair. We’ve also received very few complaints on the quality of their service and when issues have been raised, Clarke has responded quickly and satisfactorily rectified them.
Last year, the BPLA EMM program served 30 Big Pine Lake households and we hope to see robust participation again this year.